Saturday, July 20, 2013

Wash Day With A Shot of Protein!




Hi guys!!!! I've missed blogging with you all this week, but those of you who read my last post know that I was working a graveyard shift at work this week which always throws my schedule all outta whack :/. In my last blog post I cowashed my hair with my Kera Minerals silk Elements DC and Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment. Let me just say that my hair stayed moisturized and supple from Monday all the way until Saturday morning! For my hair that's not too shabby! I've always longed for a once a week wash day, but with my strenuous workout schedule and naturally dry hair washing my hair twice a week is necessary.

Anywho let's get to the real reason for this post! It's definitely time for me to wash my hair. As proud as I was of how long it stayed moisturized it was time to wash away the product build up from the week. Besides nothing beats the feeling of clean freshly washed hair! As many of you know my weekend wash day always focuses on protein and today was no different. I mixed my One N Only Argan Oil Restorative Mask with the GVP version of the Joico K-Pak reconstructor. I also threw a few splashes of olive oil, grapeseed oil, and JBCO into the mix.

Next I parted my hair into two sections and went about oiling my scalp and the length of my hair with my grapeseed and olive oil mixture. After gently massaging that in I applied my conditioner and left it on my hair while I cooked and ate breakfast and did pilates. I know you all have probably noticed that as of lately I have totally abandoned my heating cap! It's just that on the east coast lately we've been getting these serious heat waves and it's been so hot that when I work out it's hot enough for me to just deep condition at the same time! After probably about an hour I hopped in the shower and rinsed the conditioner out of my hair and followed up with my beloved hair one to cleanse my scalp as well as the length of my hair. I let it sit for about 1-2 minutes while I did my showerly duties.

Next I rinsed and squeezed the excess water out of my hair and then applied my Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment. I let it sit while I finished up my showerly duties, which included a fabulous exfoliating facial :). I did my final rinse with cool water and then wrapped my hair in a white cotton t-shirt.

After about 30 minutes I applied my leave ins which included my Chi Keratin Mist (I am loving this stuff!), Kimmaytube Leave in w/ a twist, and my Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum. After air drying for about 1.5 hours I detangled my hair in four sections and then moisturized and sealed. I plan to throw my hair into a bun while I run my Saturday errands and will do a caruso steam rollerset tonight as I am supposed to be going out with the boo and a few friends. Hopefully I will be able to snap a couple of picutres of my steam rollerset!

Here are a couple of shots of my hair wet. I'm slowly but surely approaching reaching the top of my shirt! *Does a happy dance*



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...