- Rinsed my hair with warm water for a few minutes and proceeded to shampoo with my Keracare Hydrating Detangling Sulfate Free Shampoo.
- Rinsed and shampooed a second time to ensure that I had no product buildup left.
- Used my turbie twist for about 25 minutes to soak up most of the excess water.
- Deep conditioned with my Keracare Humecto conditioner on the length of my hair and Giovanni GPB conditioner on my ends (I found a sample packet that I'd never used!) for about 25 minutes.
- Rinsed and applied a small amount of the generic version of the Matrix Biolage detangling conditioner.
- T-shirt dried my hair for about 30 minutes.
- Detangled with my Mane N Tail and applied my leave ins using the LCO method (Chi Keratin Mist, Kimmaytube Leave In Mix, GVP Smoothing Serum).
- Blow dried my hair on cool until my hair was about 80% dry.
- Moisturized and sealed using my beloved Giovanni direct leave in and coconut oil and applied JBCO to my scalp.
Thoughts: I think I'm going to go back to detangling my hair prior to shampooing. I've only switched up my detangling routine recently because I'm only 2 weeks post relaxer, however because I don't really 'comb' my hair during the week I don't want to create a detangling nightmare as I get further along in my stretch! Also, as of lately I've been on a kick of using protein conditioners on my ends to minimize breakage and ensure strength. This week I will be doing a full protein treatment though just to be safe! Lastly, I've seriously been loving my hair since I got my bangs back and trimmed away those thin ends that appeared. Because my hair is layered I feel like that extra trim has given my hair a chance to catch up and I swear my hair feels thicker!
How was your washday?
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin