So after the long process of removing my braid install (the next day) I began my wash day process which went rather well if I do say so myself.
- Detangled (FOREVER) using my Up and Up Spray Detangler from Target and a bit of coconut oil making sure to remove as much shed air as possible. Of course the amount hair was much more because of my 8 week braid install.
- Prepooed with a mix of my GVP Moisturizing Conditioner, coconut oil, and JBCO under my heating cap for about 20 minutes.
- Shampooed with my beloved Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo.
- Deep Conditioned with my Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner (Newbie Alert!), which I sealed in with a mixture of grapeseed oil and EVOO. I sat under my heating cap for about 30 minutes.
- Applied my leave ins which were a bit of my Kimmaytube Leave in Mix and GVP smoothing serum.
- Dried my hair using my salon dryer for about 1 hour on a medium cool setting.
- Finger detangled to remove any remaining shed hairs.
- Moisturized and sealed using my Giovanni Direct Leave in, coconut oil, and JBCO for my ends.
|Left: Hair lost post wash. Right: Hair lost prewash.|
After finally finishing I looked at my 11 weeks post hair and tried to figure out what I was going to do with it for the week until I visit my stylist next Saturday! My hair felt so soft, but honey my roots were on another level! After a bit of thinking I remembered the pack of braid hair I'd purchased a few weeks ago and decided to try my hand at Goddess/milk maid braids. My plan is to rock this style all week until it's time to go to the salon. Of course if my hair starts to feel thirsty I will cowash and restyle. Here are the final results. What do you guys think?