- My skin is clearer & has a glow! My skin is sensitive and acne prone. If I'm eating like crap and not exercising my skin will gladly let me know that it's NOT happy and that I need to get my life! *Insert Tamar Braxton voice*
- I love what I see when I look in the mirror! As much as I love fried catfish and macaroni & cheese (I'm a true Southern girl!) if I eat like that 24/7 I'm not happy with what's looking back at me.
- I feel better! When I focus on clean eating & regular exercise I feel so much better overall. I have more energy and I feel accomplished.
- I'm Guilt free! I don't know about y'all, but when I've been eating like crap for weeks I feel SO guilty! I swear my conscience mentally beats me up, but when I've been doing what I'm supposed to do and decide to indulge I don't feel guilty because I've earned it! I'm all about the 80/20 rule. Clean eating and regular exercise 80% of the time. Indulge 20% of the time.
- Shopping is so much more fun - When I'm unhappy with my size or appearance due to lack of proper diet & exercise the last thing I want to do is set foot inside 1 of those horrible department store dressing rooms filed with 20,000 mirrors. When I'm doing I should be shopping is an awesome experience. My clothes fit better and I love the way I look in them.
- I'm more confident - In order be my best I need to feel my best. Clean eating & exercise makes me feel more confident. I promise you'll notice an extra pep in your step!
- I save money! When I'm all about the foods I'm not supposed to have it means I'm eating out. I'm one of those people who doesn't keep unhealthy foods in my home (chips, candy, etc *I have no control* so if I want something it means I'm buying it. Healthy eating not only keeps my body looking right, but it also keeps money in my pockets!
- My body is my temple - I'm blessed. God has blessed me with health, strength, two working arms & legs and 10 fingers and toes. I only get one body and although I struggle at times I want to take care of what I've been blessed with. I want to be as healthy as I can for as long as I can not just for me, but for my family and friends.
- It's a way for me to inspire others - I'm by no means a bragger, but you never know who you will inspire in the gym or just by making healthier food choices!
- I get to try new recipes! - In my humble opinion of it's easy to cook something that's unhealthy. More butter? Sure! Another handful of cheese? Why not! The real challenge is to try or create healthy recipes or healthier alternatives of your favorite recipes.
- *BONUS* Healthy hair starts from the inside out! I'm trying to have healthy bra strap length hair and a healthy body to go along with it! *two snaps*
Why is healthy eating & exercise important to you?
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin