Friday, October 10, 2014

The Lessons My Scale Taught Me


Source: CocoaReport.com
 I woke up this morning so nervous....mulling over and over in my head if the numbers would move and how I would feel if they didn't. Finally I worked up enough courage to crawl out of bed and get it over with. After a week of hard work I just knew my scale was going to be good to me. After inhaling deeply a few times I looked down with one eye closed...blinked and looked again. The scale had not budged from last week's weigh in. This must be a fluke so of course I logically stepped off of the scale and stepped back on. Nope. It wasn't a fluke...I had not lost a thing since last week. Overwhelmed with frustration I immediately started feeling like all of my hard work meant nothing. After letting a few frustrated tears fall I went about my morning, but my scale kept pulling at my thoughts. I kept wondering 'What could I have done better?' 'Will next week's weight in be the same?' 'What if I can't lose any more than what I've lost?' 'Why do I have to work so hard to lose weight?' 'I wish I was just naturally skinny and could eat whatever I want.' You see part of why I was so frustrated is because I thought I had this weight loss thing all figured out. I'd lose about 2 lbs per week and since I only have about 6.5 lbs left to go I should only have to do this for 1 more month then I could go into maintenance status.

Finally after I finished throwing myself a pity party it dawned on me that 1. I know better and 2. This is a journey. I've lost weight before so this isn't new to me. Any journey has it's ups and it's downs, but if you keep pushing you will get to where you want to be. So today I'm choosing to keep pushing forward, to make adjustments where needed, and to enjoy this process. Somehow my scale managed to teach me a lesson that couldn't have been learned if this week had gone exactly the way I wanted it to.


♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...