Monday, November 5, 2012

Rollerset Success!!!!


Ok so I finally decided to stop being a chicken and giver rollersetting a try. My hair came out amazing. This is the first time I've ever gotten something close to salon results!

I deep conditioned with my Silk Elements Kera Minerals Smoothing Deep Conditioner and used my tropical isle red pimento oil for my hot oil treatment for about 15 minutes under my Gold N Hot Conditioning cap. Then I hopped in the shower to rinse my hair and followed up with my Hair One cleansing conditioner. Lastly I applied my beloved TRESemme' Moisture Rich conditioner and detangled under the shower. 

After this I blotted my hair with my turbie twist and hunkered down armed with my leave ins to begin the delicate task of rollersetting my hair. For leave ins I used my Kimmaytube leave in conditioner with twist, kera care wrap-set lotion, and about a dime sized amount of chi silk infusion. Oh and of course a huge bottle of water. No frizzy ends here! Fast forward an hour and a half and I ended up with the results below. 


I'm slightly OCD so that crooked roller at the start of my mohawk in my picture is really bothering me...I'll have to work on that! Anywho, finally I was ready to sit under my Gold N Hot bonnet dryer (review coming later) for approximately 1 hr 30 min. 


I took out my rollers and wrapped my hair, placed a plastic shower cap on, and then threw on my silk scarf on top of it (my version of a saran wrap) for another 5-7 minutes. Once I was done I unwrapped my hair and was greeted with soft, supple, bouncy, shiny hair! *dreamy sigh* Check out the results below...



I loved my hair so much that I threw on some clothes and went Christmas shopping just so I could have an excuse to show it off! I know that with time my results will get better and better. Oh and the best part is that I seemed to experience less shedding from rollerwrapping than air drying..hmmm... Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...