Thursday, December 27, 2012

Wash Day While on Vacay!

So as most of you guys know between twitter, youtube, and my blog I'm on vacation! I'm having a fabulous time at home visiting my family and friends. I knew that I would be gone too long to just skip washing my hair all together so I packed my hair essentials (see the video here) and decided to go ahead and make today my wash day. I kept my wash day process very simple because I didn't want to spend 3-5 hours on my hair. First I applied my  Silk Elements Kera Minerals Deep Conditioner to damp hair and sat under the dryer for about 15 minutes. After that I hopped in the shower, rinsed, and followed up with my beloved hair one. Thankfully my mother has a great stash of conditioners and cleansers thanks to me! Next I followed up with some of the GVP version of the Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm. I hadn't used this stuff in years, but decided to after seeing it under my mom's sink and was really surprised with how easily it detangled and softened my hair. I may pick a bottle up the next time I'm in Sally's since I received a Sally's Gift card as one of my Christmas gifts! After rinsing and detangling in the shower I wrapped my hair in a towel and allowed it to soak up as much water as possible for about 10-15 minutes. Lastly, I applied my leave ins which consisted of coconut oil, Giovanni Direct Leave in, and about a quarter sized amount of my GVP Chi Silk Infusion. Since it's pretty cold outside today I decided to go ahead and sit under my mom's hooded dryer on medium cool heat. Overall I'm pretty pleased with my results especially since I was limited to just using the bare essentials! Once my hair was about 80% dry I applied my normal daily moisturizer and sealed with coconut oil. I was left with soft, shiny, and fluffy hair with minimal frizz. I may use this as an option for weeks when I don't feel like rollersetting...we'll see. Here are my results!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...