Saturday, January 12, 2013

Relaxer Day Prep

Ok so as you guys know I received my relaxer at 10 weeks post on last week. The relaxer application process was so easy for both me and my hair stylists simply because I made a few tweaks to my relaxer day prepping process. I washed my hair on Wednesday and received my relaxer on saturday. Here's what I did.

First I deep conditioned with my kerapro deep conditioner. I chose this conditioner because it contains protein which in turn would provide my hair with added strength prior to my relaxer. I plan to do a review of this product soon in a later post!

After rinsing out my conditioner I cleansed my scalp with my beloved Hair One cleansing conditioner being very careful to use only the pads of my thumbs as I did not want to irritate my scalp. I let the hair one sit on my hair for approximately 2 minutes and then rinsed it out.

Next I applied the GVP version of Matrix Biolage's 'Conditioning Balm'. This is a great rinse out conditioner that I use to detangle my hair. After rinsing I wrapped my hair in a turbie twist for about 2-4 minutes and then  applied my usual leave ins which consists of a bit of my kimmaytube leave in, keracare foaming wrap lotion, and a dime sized amount of the GVP Chi silk infusion.

After applying my leaves ins I decided to rollerset my hair in an attempt to help my new growth lay down. This was the best decision I could have ever made! It made detangling the night before my relaxer so easy and it also made it easier on my hair stylist as she did not have to try and carve through my unruly new growth!

In the past I've just washed my hair and left my new growth alone, which always made it harder on myself and my poor hair stylist. Even though rollersetting was quite time consuming at 10 weeks post I've decided to make this a permanent part of my relaxer prep day! I loved the results and the smoothness of both my hair and new growth.

This is the amount of hair I loss from detangling the night before my relaxer


Here's a texture shot of my new growth

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...