Sunday, May 12, 2013

CC's Naturals Marshmallow & Burdock Root Hair Tea Review

























I know I have been promising to do a review on the CC's Natural's Marshmallow & Burdock Root Hair Tea for like the past month! Well here it is :)


Price: $6.00 + Shipping & handling


Place of Purchase: www.ccsnaturals.com

Ingredients: Organic Marshmallow Root, Organic Peppermint, Organic Lavender, Organic Burdock Root 
DirectionsAdd 1 large tea bag or 3 tablespoons of herbsto a large pyrex glass cup or bowl and fill with boiling water and cover. Steep for about 30 minutes. When the tea is warm, apply to scalp and hair and massage thoroughly. When pouring tea onto hair and scalp, hold a bowl at the end of hair strands to catch the tea and reapply. Repeat several times. Leave In or rinse out if desired. If you use a conditioner, use this tea rinse after you condition your hair. And then move on to your final styling regimen... 
Promises:Organic Burdock: Maintains and Promotes healthy Scalp, encourages hair growth, Improves Hair Strength, Shine and Body.
Organic Marshmallow Root: relieves scalp irritations, provides moisture and slip which helps detangle hair. 
Organic Peppermint: stimulates your hair follicles and promotes hair growth, used as a moisturizer for the hair shaft, Helps rid the scalp of dryness and itchiness as well.. 
Organic Lavender: helps stimulate growth and balance oil production

My Thoughts: I remember the first time I attempted to do a tea rinse with black tea. It left my hair feeling hard, tangled and dry. From then on I vowed to never try tea rinses again! However after reading some very convincing posts from fellow bloggers Jeni of JustGrowAlready and Nadege of RelaxedHairHealth  I decided to give tea rinses another try. I must say that I was initially attracted to this product because of it's price as well as the versatility that was promised. I also love how quickly it arrived on my doorstep. When I received the product I had a question about the ratio of tea to water and contacted the seller via e-mail and received a very quick, friendly, and helpful response. I tried this product both as a leave in and as an actual tea rinse. My favorite way to use this product is by spritzing each section of my hair with the tea and then following up with my favorite deep conditioner. The biggest difference that I have noticed in my hair besides added strength is how my hair feels when air drying. I used to have rough dry feeling hair and now since using this tea I've noticed that my hair dries more smoothly and is left feeling much softer. I definitely plan to repurchase this product and even try some of their other tea blends! 

2 comments:

  1. Aaaahhh, you did a review. Yeah, sooo...I'm sold. I want to get some of that, asap. lol.

    Question: Did you try it as a final rinse? I always consider tea rinses as a pre-shampoo treatment, so it seems different using it as a final rinse. What were your thoughts if you did? And does it help with shedding? (I know I'm doing the most with all these questions, but I'd really appreciate your guidance) :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I'm glad you found the review helpful! I haven't exactly tried it as a final rinse, but this week I did use it after rinsing out my DC and prior to applying my hair one. I don't know if I will ever use it as a final rinse because it doesn't give my hair much slip. I honeslty haven't really noticed a difference in shedding, but it has definitely helped to make my hair stronger! Please let me know if you have any more questions :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...