Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wash Day Wednesday's!!



I'm so sorry for the lack of posts lately, but I caught a spring cold that kicked my butt for literally a week! I'm finally feeling well enough to get back to blogging and to wash my hair! I will be getting a relaxer and a dusting/trim this weekend so today's wash day is all about protein! Because I'm relaxed I try to keep my tresses both healthy and strong and the best way to do that is to have protein as a steady rotation in my regimen. Here's what I did.

  1. I parted my hair into 4 sections and very lightly detangled each section and then applied some random oils to my scalp and to the length of my hair. 
  2. I sat under my Gold N Hot conditioning cap for 10 minutes and then detangled my hair a second time ( I try to remove all of the shedded hair before water touches my hair to prevent matting). 
  3. I then applied my CC's naturals marshmallow (review should be up by the end of this week!) to each section of my hair and then applied the last of my KeraPRO restorative deep conditioner to each section.
  4. Again I sat under my conditioning cap for about 15 minutes and then rinsed each section of my hair thoroughly.
  5. Lastly I applied hair one to each section of my hair as well as my scalp and rinsed after about 2 minutes. 
  6. After my final rinse I wrapped my hair in my turbie twist for about 45 minutes. 
  7. I then applied my kimmaytube leave in and about a quarter sized amount of the GVP 'Paul Mitchell's Skinny serum'
  8. I then tied a satin scarf around my shoulders to allow my hair to air dry straight. I got this idea from PrettyWitty77 and so far I'm loving it! 
That's it for this wash day! On Friday I plan to do my usual relaxer prep steps in order to prepare for my relaxer this Friday. You can read that post here


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...