Sunday, June 9, 2013

This Weekend's Washday & Random Rollerset!




This past Saturday I went about my normal wash day routine, which included a hot oil treatment, deep conditioning, and cleansing my scalp with my beloved hair one. While washing my hair I kept pondering exactly how I was going to style it for the evening. My honey bunny had a function that I was attending with him and I just didn't want to rock an air dried bun. I kept going back and forth on if I was going to bother doing a rollerset because quite frankly I was being lazy and didn't feel like dedicating hours to setting my hair! However, with a little creativity I was able to rollerset my hair in a little under 45 minutes! Here's what I did to speed up the process:
  1. I normally part my hair into 4 sections and detangle prior to washing my hair. I used these sections to rollerset my hair which cut down on the amount of time and manipulation. Using the 2 front parts of my hair and created my mohawk part and then freestyled the other parts to my liking.
  2. I then gently detangled each section and applied my rollerset leave ins which consist of my Kimmaytube leave in, GVP Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum, and a few pumps of my Keracare foam wrap lotion. 
  3. Before applying my rollers I spritzed water on both the section of hair and the roller. 
All in all doing these 3 simple things really cut down on my rollersetting time significantly! Here are some pictures of my results...





6 comments:

  1. Soo cute! How long did it take for your hair to dry? That's the worst part of rollersetting for me. sitting under the dryer for over an hour is no fun!

    www.savingourstrands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It probably took my hair about an hour and a half to dry, but I wasn't consistently sitting under the dryer either and I kept alternating between the cool and hot setting!

      Delete
  2. Your roller set came out great, I wish I had an in-house roller setter lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you! Honestly when I first started rollersetting I was horrible...I couldn't even get the rollers to stay with the duck bill clips! Now my rollersets are steadily improving so keep trying...you'll get there!

      Delete
  3. Very cute! I must say, on my BIG wishlist is a hooded dryer. I airdry my hair in the rollers, especially when I challenge myself to go COMPLETELY heat free for a period of time. and THAT takes forever, easily 3-4 hours, depending on the weather. And I agree, when it comes to rollersetting, practice makes perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...I've never tried airdrying a rollerset, but I can only imagine...my hair takes long enough under the dryer!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...