So I'm currently missing my hair and my wash days even though the reason I decided to get a long term protective style is because I was tired of my hair and the wash day process...go figure!
Either way I've been slowly making winter hair plans which include what type of protective styles I want to rock (because as a girl from the South winters on the east coast are just brutal!) and new products that I am itching to try. So as most ladies on a healthy hair journey do I am slightly switching things up for my winter regimen because we all know that the cold can cause dry brittle hair if we're not careful. My regimen will hopefully be something like this:
- Prepoo with ceramide packed oils with heat for 10-15 minutes
- Shampoo with Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Rention Shampoo (Whew that's a long title!)
- DC with a moisturizing or protein based conditioner (I will alternate each week) with heat
- Sit under my bonnet dryer using the cool/low heat setting and proceed with Winter Protective style of choice
- Hemp Seed Oil (Jeni of JustGrowAlready & Ebony of Longing4Length) have been bragging about this ceramide packed oil for months! So of course I have to try this oil out!
- I've also been dying to try the Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner for quite some time so I think this may be the next addition to product stash.
- Lastly I'm also interested in trying some of the Aubrey Organics Conditoners (Particularly the GPB conditioner, which is protein based).