Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Washday | The Low Bun Experience

This past Friday couldn't get here fast enough. For some reason my scalp was itching like crazy! Well actually I know what the reason was. My hair just needed a good washing. Here's how the washday went:














  • Detangled with Mane N Tail Detangler
  • Applied Keracare Humecto conditioner
  • DCed with Gold N Hot conditioning cap for about 20 minutes
  • Rinsed and shampooed with Shea Moisture Retention Shampoo
  • Rinsed and applied a small amount of the Generic version of Matrix biolage detangling conditioner.
  • Did a final rinse and t-shirt dried my hair for about 30 minutes.
  • Applied my usual leave ins using the L (Chi Keratin Mist) O (GVP Smoothing Serum) C (Kimmaytube Leave In) method. 
  • Allowed my hair to air dry and then moisturized and sealed using my Giovanni Direct leave in and coocnut oil. 
  • Massaged JBCO into my scalp and sealed my ends.

Style:
I'm about 2 weeks away from getting my next relaxer and this is normally about the time my
hair decides not to cooperate. Meaning high buns, mid-cenetered buns, etc are out of the question. Previously I used to force my hair into a high bun, but this time around I decided to rock a low bun. Because I air dried my hair I had the biggest, softest low bun I think I've ever created without using a filler! I was so amazed I even took a comparison shot to see how far my hair has come in terms of growth! Oh and to jazz up my low bun I threw on a cute headband and a fun pair of earrings. I'm all for low maintenance no muss no fuss hair styles and that's exactly what this low bun did for me!

How was your wash day? Have you checked out our washday linkup? If not join us!


The Wash Day Experience

Sidenote: My latest beauty favorites video went live on my youtube channel! I mentioned some awesome affordable products! 



♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. Wow, you really are taking good care of your hair because it does not look like it needs to be relaxed. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that's what a good silk scarf and some eco styler gel will do! I have quite a bit of new growth lurking underneath there!

      Delete
  2. HELLO big bun! You betta get it chica! There is nothing like that moment when you can ditch your mesh donut because you don't need it!!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! I almost shed a tear of happiness! It's been a LONG time coming!

      Delete
  3. Look at that HUGE bun without a donut, you are making awesome progress Courtnea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The difference in bun size is insane! Also, your hair just looks amazing in general.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bun power! I love a big bun the difference is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Comparison shots are everything!

      Delete
    2. Bun power is right.....loving it!! Yes, yes & YES!
      Divachyk | Relaxed Thairapy

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...