Sunday, February 24, 2013

Get Fit: How I Make My Green Smoothie!


So 2013 has been all about stepping up my health game! As some of you know last year I successfully lost 30 lbs and for the most part I've kept it off. Well the holidays of course brought about a few extra pounds that I was ready to shed as soon as I got back on the east coast.  I also vowed to exercise more regularly and just continue to challenge myself physically. Well so far I've done great with my goals. I have about 5 more lbs of Christmas weight to lose and have started running again! Both on my blog and on my youtube channel I've decided to do some 'Get Fit' videos/posts just to share with you guys what I've been doing and how it's been working for me.

Today's post is about my new favorite snack/dinner option which is the green smoothie! At first I was extremely hesitant to try this smoothie out. It was just something about a smoothie with spinach in it that  I couldn't wrap my mind around, but I promise it's qutie tasty and an excellent option for anyone who's either trying to lose weight or just looking for healthier eating options!

Here's What I use:

  • A handful of spinach leaves 
  • 1 cup of Vanilla Almond Milk
  • 1 Cup of Frozen Strawberries
  • 1/2 cup of Pinapple
  • 1 Packet of Great Value Sweetner (comparable to truvia)
Throw all of that into the blender for 1-2 minutes and you're all set for a yummy delicious treat! Please note that you can use any fruit that you like. Sometimes I use mango, raspberries, blueberries, etc. Check out the video below to see how I actually make it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...