So I'm officially 1 week post relaxer, which means that the main focus of my wash day is protein! Here's what I did...
- I did a quick hot oil treatment with a mixture of grapeseed oil, olive oil, and coconut oil. Instead of sitting under my heated conditioning cap I threw on my shower cap and placed my turbie twist on top of that to create a natural heat.
- After about 20 minutes I detangled each of the 4 sections of my hair with my new hercules sagemann mini rake comb (see post here)
- Next I applied my One N Only Argan oil Restorative mask mixed with a small amount of the GVP Joico K-pak and sat under my conditioning cap for about 15-20 minutes.
- I thoroughly rinsed out my deep conditioner and spritzed my CC's naturals Marshmallow & Burdock root tea on each section of my hair (See the review here) and allowed it to sit for about 2-3 minutes.
- After rinsing out the tea I applied my hair one cleansing condition to my scalp as well as the length of my hair.
- I did one final rinse to rinse out the hair one and then applied my turbie twist for about 5 minutes.
- I applied my kimmaytube leave in mix with a twist (see post here) as well as my GVP Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum and sat under my bonnet dryer for about 45 minutes using the cool setting.
- Lastly I applied a tiny bit of my ORS smooth N Hold pudding and Eco styler argan oil gel to my nape and edges and tied a satin strip to smooth out my edges.
After finishing up my wash day process I decided to venture out and get myself a pedicure. In need of a quick style that did not require too much hassle (because quite frankly I didn't feel like it!). I smoothed my hair into a bun and was pleasantly surprised to see that my bun is growing in size and thickness!!! Check out the pictures below :) On the right is my bun right now!
|My first tiny bun that I did a few months after my hair cut|
|My bun right now!|