Friday, November 22, 2013

Liebster Award!

I am so excited to have been nominated by the lovely Abbi N of Below The Waist for the Liebster Award! I've been wanting to this award/slash tag for quite some time so to finally be nominated totally made my day!

I'll go ahead and start with the 11 interesting facts about myself...Warning: I'm not sure how interesting they are, but hey I tried!
  1. I LOVE cheese...like the way Steve Urkel loves cheese...yea
  2. I took dance classes (Jazz, tap, ballet, hip hop, etc) for over 8 years and yet I'm still lacking in the rhythem department :/
  3. Christmas is absolutely my favorite holiday ever! I even start listening to Christmas music on November 1st and watch all of the cheesy Lifetime Christmas movies.
  4. Dogs are my favorite animal. I even have a Chilhuahua Daschound mix named Mango. She's such a sweetie :)
  5. I've been an exchange student in Cuernavaca, Mexico and had the opportunity to do research on the Bearing Glacier in Alaska.
  6. When I was in middle school I ran into the glass door at my best friends house. I completely shattered the door and still have the scars from stitches to prove it!
  7. I'm an only child and so is my mom.
  8. My dad is the baby of 14...probably why he only had 1 child!
  9. I'm rather short...as in 5'1" short
  10. Almost 2 years ago I lost 30 lbs and have kept it off *whoot whoot!*
  11. I LOVE football both College and Professional. My favorite team ever is my beloved New Orleans Saints...WHO DAT!
Next Up is the Question and Answer Section:

1. What's your goal (length or otherwise) for your hair?
    MBL (Mid Back Length)! *Insert dreamy sigh*

2. What do you love most about your hair?
    I love my natural hair color. It looks darn brown until the sun hits it and then you can
    see the lighter brownish red color.

3. What's your favorite deep conditioner?
     I'm actually in between conditioners, but currently my favorite DC is the Silk
     Elements Kera Minerals DC.

4. What's your hairstyle at this very moment?
    Senegalese twists!

5. What's #1 on your bucket list?
    Hmmmm....to meet Jennifer Hudson!

6. How many blogs do you follow?
    50+. What can I say...I love reading about hair, beauty, and cooking!

7. What's on your Christmas wishlist?
     The 1 thing that I really want is a Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor!

8. How will you spend this Christmas?
    With my family and close friends eating Gumbo and tons of seafood!

9. Name an interest besides blogging.
    I'm kind of obsessed with youtube. I watch youtube videos more than I watch actual tv!

10. One place (country or city) you'd like to visit.
      Fiji

11. Have you ever been to Jamaica? Would you like to go? (I know that's 2, sue me lol)     No and heck yes! Hopefully I'll be going within the next couple of years.

I'd like to nominate:

Sharday of The Awkward Stage
Sdestra
Ebony C Princess of Longing4Length
Kim of FancyFlairLady

The Rules: 
  • Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you 
  • Paste the award on your blog
  • Choose 5 blogs to pass this award to (they must have fewer than 200 followers)
  • Let the recipients know about their nomination by leaving a comment on their blogs.
  • Write 11 interesting facts about you.
  • Answer my 11 questions.

My Questions!

  1. What's your favorite food?
  2. What product can you absolutely NOT live without?
  3. What is your #1 favorite deep conditioner?
  4. What's your favorite holiday and why?
  5. What's your favorite protective style?
  6. What's your biggest hair fear?
  7. Since all of the lovely ladies that I've nominated are relaxed why have you chosen to remain relaxed?
  8. How long did it take you to find your staple moisturizer?
  9. What is your favorite thing about Christmas?
  10. How do you keep yourself encouraged while on your hair journey?
  11. If you could buy one thing at this very moment what would it be?

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Award and keeping the weight off. I am still struggling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm convinced that maintaing weight loss is just as challenging as losing! But it's so worth it...you'll get it as long as you keep trying :D

      Delete
  2. Aww, I have a chihuahua too. Great random facts. And thanks for the nomination, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I can't wait to read your post!

      Delete
  3. I also nominated you!! lol My post was suppose to be posted yesterday. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for accepting! I love cheese too, it makes everything taste better haha and Christmas is totally my favorite holiday, if only it wasn't in winter lol

    Abbi of http://belowthawaist.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course...I was so excited to be nominated and how cool is it that you're a fellow cheese lover! I like for it to be cold for Christmas but immediately after New Years Day I'm over it!

      Delete
  5. I love Christmas too! Christmas music makes me smile!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...