Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Midweek Cowash Success!

Well it's still winter here on the east coast...in case you couldn't tell I'm over it! Anywho, because of this cold weather by the time I'm ready for wash day my hair normally feels a bit dry. As Ive mentioned in my 7 tips to successfully stretch your relaxer blog post you have to listen to your hair and as of lately my hair has been saying that one wash a week isnt enough. I decided to nip this problem in the bud before incurring any immediate breakage by trying a mid week cowash. Now I haven't cowashed in forever. I used to do it every week but between studying and my work schedule I was just too busy plus I didn't see where the added manipulation was helping my hair any. Now mind you my cowashing process then was a lot more complicated. After putting some serious thought into how I could make this process work for my hair while still being as quick and painless for both me and my schedule I think I've come up with a very simple low manipulation routine! Here's what I did.
  1. I rinsed my hair thoroughly for 2-3 minutes with warm water
  2. Next I applied my hair one to my scalp and the length of my hair and gently massaged my scalp being careful not to cause any unnecessary tangles. I let it sit for 1-2 minutes and then rinsed.
  3. I then applied my GVP Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm (can you tell that this product has quickly become a favorite of mine?). I let it sink into my hair while I showered and washed my face. 
  4. I rinsed the conditioner thoroughly out of my hair and tied my hair with my turbie twist to soak up as much extra water as possible. 
  5. Lastly I applied my leave ins, which consisted of my kimmay tube leave in with a twist and a dime sized amount of my Chi silk infusion serum. After this was done I sat under my dryer on a medium heat setting for about an hour. 
Notice, I did NOT detangle my hair during this wash. As a matter of fact I didn't  use a comb at all during this cowash. To detangle I just used my fingers while rinsing out my conditioner. Initially I was worried that my hair would dry and be a hot tangled mess, but instead I was left with extremely soft, moisturized, fluffy, and tangle free hair! I was so pleased with my cowash experience that I'm thinking about adding it to my weekly regimen! 

Here's a picture of the final results. I know it's a bit blurry, but I was sleepy and didn't feel like pulling out my camera! 

Happy growing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...