Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Why I'm Enjoying A Simplified Regimen

Throughout my entire hair journey I've heard these 3 words 'Simplicity is key'. Well between all of the new yummy products and bandwagon regimen jumping I was doing at one time I never really got to experience that. However, recently I've been enjoying my most simplified regimen to date. In fact my regimen is so simple now that it's almost scary! The best part is that while I'm thoroughly enjoying my new found 'no muss no fuss' regimen my hair is thriving. It's so nice to not be all over the place with products and my regimen. What more could a girl ask for right?! Here's my updated regimen:










Monthly
  • Hard Protein Treatment (Nexxus Emergencee)
  • 1 visit to the salon (a girl needs a break!)
Weekly
  • Deep Condition (Keracare Humecto Conditioner) Click Here to read my review
  • Shampoo (Shea Moisture Retention Shampoo) Click Here to read my review
  • Rinse Out Conditioner (Generic version of Matrix Biolage Detangling conditioner)
  • Bun 5 days a week (protective style of choice)
  • Enjoy my hair on the weekends
Daily
  • Moisturize (Giovanni Direct Leave In) Click Here to watch my review
  • Seal (Coconut Oil for length & JBCO for ends)
  • Scalp massage with JBCO (normally every other day)
Relax (Professionally)
  • Every 8 weeks (Mizani Sensitive Scalp) Click here for my latest relaxer update
Trim (Professionally)
  • Every 4 months
Flat Iron (Professionally)
  • Every 4 months
After typing out my regimen I almost feel like there should be more, but I've got all of my bases covered. Of course there are a few things that I am still tweaking like prepoos and the occasional cowash. I hope my dimmed inner product junkie stays supressed for a while because right now I'm seriously enjoying this. Be on the look out because I am planning to do a video soon detailing my updated regimen which may explain everything even further!


♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. I am so like you, my regimen is sooo simple it's unreal. A friend of mine has just started taking care of her hair and she was asking me why I don't do coffee rinses, midweek co wash, this and that. And told her I have been there done that, you need to do what works for you.
    Love your simple regimen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Been there done that is exactly how I feel lol!

      Delete
  2. I love your regimen. I love Giovanni direct leave-in too. I love the fact that you still go to the salon. If I ever decide to relax my hair again, I will no do it by myself. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. You guys keep me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My stylist really makes it super easy for me to maintain my relaxed hair. Awww of course! It's all about encouraging and uplifting each other :)

      Delete
  3. Simplicity at its best. Once your hair is thriving is what really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always say simplicity is best, doing what works for you is always the best approach.

    I tagged you on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I plan to do the Being Me blog tag very soon!

      Delete
  5. yessss!!..at the end of the day you MUST do what works for you and what your hair likes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You took the words right out of my mouth. I too have simplified and love it! I'm looking how I can further simplify it even more. I have gained so much time back to do other, shall I say, productive things.
    Divachyk | Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes the time saving makes my wonder why I used to spend hours on end in my regimen only to achieve mediocre results!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...